18 February, 2016

Science AMA Series: We are Drs. Michael Hansen and Andrew Arai, researchers from the National Institutes of Health. We study cardiac MRI among other things. We are supporting new forms of scientific computing via the Data Science Bowl with Dr. Roman Salasznyk and Booz Allen Hamilton. AUA!


See the source article by following the link below:

I (Michael Hansen) am a biomedical engineer at the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). I focus on fast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) techniques for real-time imaging and interventional procedures, particularly fast pulse sequences, non-Cartesian imaging, real-time reconstruction, GPU based reconstruction, and motion correction.

Andrew Arai - I am a cardiologist and I am the Director of the Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging Laboratory for the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. My primary clinical and research interests center around coronary artery disease, the condition that leads to heart attacks and is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. For the 21 years I have been at the NIH, I have been helping develop and validate MRI methods useful to diagnosing and evaluating patients with coronary artery disease. We run a busy clinical program and perform over 1000 cardiac MRI scans per year.

Roman Salasznyk - I am a Principal in Booz Allen’s Strategic Innovation Group with over 13 years of experience in biomedical research, medical product development, and general management consulting. I manage a multidisciplinary team that supports initiatives aimed to expedite medical product innovation and approvals, enhance regulatory decision-making processes, and strengthen surveillance and compliance operations for Federal health clients. The three of us, and our respective organizations, have collaborated on an exciting crowd-sourced collaboration, the Data Science Bowl. By putting data science to work in the cardiology field, we can empower doctors to help people live longer and spend more time with those that they love.

We’ll be back at 1 pm et (10 am PT, 6 pm UTC) to answer your questions, ask us anything!

">Science AMA Series: We are Drs. Michael Hansen and Andrew Arai, researchers from the National Institutes of Health. We study cardiac MRI among other things. We are supporting new forms of scientific computing via the Data Science Bowl with Dr. Roman Salasznyk and Booz Allen Hamilton. AUA!

No comments: