22 November, 2016

Science AMA Series: I'm Professor Yulia Kovas, Director of The Accessible Genetics Consortium in conjunction with Goldsmiths, University of London. I’m interesting in finding out what people know, think and feel in this post genomic era. AMA!


See the source article by following the link below:

Hi Reddit!

I am a psychology professor at Goldsmiths University with a particular interest in how our genes interact with our environments to help create who we are. Every human trait that has ever been measured has been found to have a genetic component, and as technologies improve we are beginning to hone in on exactly which genes relate to which traits. The importance of this cannot be understated and will continue to have a huge impact on society. It is vital that we are all engaged with the debate on how this information can be used and I am interested in finding out what people know, think and feel about genetics, especially in relation to the self and society.

Take our survey and find out how prepared you are to help shape the post genomic world.

Survey link

Feel free to ask me anything about the psychosocial side of genetics. Are designer babies feasible? What will schools look like in the post genomic future? What is Epigenetics?

I will be here to answer questions at 2:00 pm EDT, 19:00 GMT. Ask me anything!

">Science AMA Series: I'm Professor Yulia Kovas, Director of The Accessible Genetics Consortium in conjunction with Goldsmiths, University of London. I’m interesting in finding out what people know, think and feel in this post genomic era. AMA!

No comments: