23 February, 2018

I’m Sandeep Mannava, an orthopaedic sports medicine surgeon and a volunteer physician for the U.S. Skiing and Snowboarding Assoc. My research focuses on the biology of aging, role of stem cells and other biologic therapies to help recovery from injury and to enhance performance. AMA!


See the source article by following the link below:

Hi Reddit!

I’m Sandeep Mannava, M.D., Ph.D., an orthopaedic sports medicine surgeon at the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, New York and a volunteer physician for the U.S. Skiing and Snowboarding Association. As an avid skier myself, I enjoy working with some of the world’s best winter athletes. I have traveled to Russia, the Czech Republic, and throughout the United States with U.S. Olympians in the Skiing and Snowboarding disciplines. I provide orthopedic sports medicine event and training medical care for U.S. ski and snowboarding stars – many of whom we are seeing compete at the Olympic Games in South Korea this month.

I’m a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine; arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder; as well as shoulder reconstruction and replacement.

I completed my arthroscopy and sports medicine fellowship training at the prestigious Steadman Clinic and Steadman Philippon Research Institute in Vail, Colorado. While in Vail, I assisted in the treatment of professional and elite athletes from the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, and numerous Olympians. I enjoy caring for athletes (and non-athletes) of all ages in my practice in Rochester.

My other passion is medical research – I’m interested in the biology of aging, and additionally how stem cells and other biologic therapies can be used to help people recover from injury and improve the body’s performance. In addition to being a practicing orthopaedic surgeon, I am a clinician scientist who has presented my research findings nationally and internationally.

I’m happy to talk to Reddit followers about snow sports, injury prevention and performance enhancement for athletes, as well as how biologic therapies may soon bring new options for care.

I’ll start answer questions at 12pm ET. AMA!

">I’m Sandeep Mannava, an orthopaedic sports medicine surgeon and a volunteer physician for the U.S. Skiing and Snowboarding Assoc. My research focuses on the biology of aging, role of stem cells and other biologic therapies to help recovery from injury and to enhance performance. AMA!

No comments: