07 June, 2016

American Chemical Society AMA: I am David Sedlak, Professor of Environmental Engineering at UC Berkeley and Editor-in-Chief of Environmental Science & Technology. Ask me anything about water research and the future of urban water systems!


See the source article by following the link below:

Hello Reddit! I am a Professor of Environmental Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley, Co-Director of the Berkeley Water Center (http://ift.tt/1S4LjGj) and Deputy Director of the ReNUWIt Engineering Research Center (http:// http://www.renuwit.org/). My research centers on water quality and the development of more sustainable systems for managing urban water systems. My latest book, Water 4.0 covers the four “revolutions” in the development of urban water systems, from Roman aqueducts to new technologies that are being used to turn seawater, urban runoff and (even) sewage into drinking water. Last year, I gave a TEDx Talk on how cities can avoid potentially catastrophic droughts by breaking their reliance on imported water. You can watch the whole thing here: http://ift.tt/1JZHoFh

I am also the Editor-in-Chief of Environmental Science & Technology (http://ift.tt/UYbqlZ), an American Chemical Society journal that is the authoritative source of information for all sorts of environmental research.

I’ll be online at 1pm EDT to answer your questions. Go ahead, ask me anything! - DLS

">American Chemical Society AMA: I am David Sedlak, Professor of Environmental Engineering at UC Berkeley and Editor-in-Chief of Environmental Science & Technology. Ask me anything about water research and the future of urban water systems!

No comments: