Hi Reddit,
My name is Susanne Sokolow and I am a disease ecologist and a Research Associate at Stanford University. My research focuses on feedbacks between health and the natural environment. I have studied a variety of diseases, most recently, human schistosomiasis, a neglected tropical parasite and a disease of poverty.
My name is Michael Hsieh and I am a physician scientist and an Associate Professor at George Washington University. My research focuses on how microbes and the host immune system interact in the urinary tract, including during urinary tract infections and urogenital schistosomiasis, which is infection by the parasitic Schistosoma haematobium worm.
We recently published a paper titled Global Assessment of Schistosomiasis Control Over the Past Century Shows Targeting the Snail Intermediate Host Works Best. This publication reviewed the scientific literature on various strategies to control schistosomiasis (human infection with parasitic Schistosoma worms), and indicated that countries which targeted the snail host for these parasites tended to be most successful at reducing or eliminating this worm.
We will be answering your questions at 1pm EST. Ask Us Anything!
And don’t forget to follow Michael on Twitter @perforin.
No comments:
Post a Comment