Nature provides us with a wide toolbox of enzymes as biocatalysts, we just need to refine them in order to fit to our process. I am a biologist by training, but thoughout my academic career I always seeked to combine different fields. For instance, good knowledge of chemistry is required, as in many cases biocatalysis needs to compete to established chemical processes in industry in order to be transfered to the production. Our recent publication in Nature Chemistry (http://ift.tt/2aYNvhR) is such an example, where we developed enzymes that can produce pharmaceutical interesting building blocks in an environmentally friendly way. At the moment my group is working on another group of enzymes, the methyltransferases, which could be of significant industrial interest, especially in the fields of food and pharma industry. Our research focuses combines the fields of biochemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics, organic chemistry and more. Everyone that is interested in these topics is welcome to join our discussion, on the 17th of August at 14:00 CET (8 am ET) . I'll be there to answer all your questions, so AMA!
17 August, 2016
Science AMA Series: I am Dr. Ioannis Pavlidis, a junior group leader in the University of Kassel, Germany. Our group of Biotechnology focuses on Enzyme Technology and Development of Biocatalytic Applications. Anyone interested on the topics is welcome to AMA!
See the source article by following the link below:
">Science AMA Series: I am Dr. Ioannis Pavlidis, a junior group leader in the University of Kassel, Germany. Our group of Biotechnology focuses on Enzyme Technology and Development of Biocatalytic Applications. Anyone interested on the topics is welcome to AMA!
Labels:
Science
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment