29 March, 2017

PLOS Science Wednesday: Hi reddit, I'm Ole Andreassen and my colleagues and I developed and validated a new genetic score to predict the age of Alzheimer's disease onset -- Ask Me Anything!


See the source article by following the link below:

Hi Reddit,

My name is Ole Andreassen and I am a Professor in Psychiatry at University of Oslo. I have also a clinical position where I see patients regularly in the outpatient clinic at Oslo University Hospital. My research focuses on severe mental illness and neurodegenerative diseases.

We recently published an article titled Genetic assessment of age-associated Alzheimer’s disease risk: development and validation of a polygenic hazard score in PLOS Medicine. In this paper, we describe the development and validation of a new genetic score to predict Alzheimer's disease age of onset. Our results show that genetic data can be combined with epidemiological information on dementia incidence rates from the US population to derive a score that can predict age-specific risk for Alzheimer's disease.

I'll be answering questions at 1pm ET -- Ask Me Anything!

">PLOS Science Wednesday: Hi reddit, I'm Ole Andreassen and my colleagues and I developed and validated a new genetic score to predict the age of Alzheimer's disease onset -- Ask Me Anything!

No comments: