01 March, 2017

PLOS Science Wednesday: Hi reddit, my name is Mike Snyder, and I recently published a PLOS Biology study showing wearable biosensors track useful physiological information for health, and can even distinguish insulin sensitivity from insulin resistance – Ask Me Anything!


See the source article by following the link below:

Hi Reddit,

My name is Mike Snyder, and I am the director of the Stanford Center for Genomics and Personalized Medicine. I recently published an article titled: Digital Health: Tracking Physiomes and Activity Using Wearable Biosensors Reveals Useful Health-Related Information in PLOS Biology. The study explored the use of wearables device to help manage health. We found that heart rate, skin temperature and blood oxygen measured by portable devices can be used to identify inflammatory disease such as colds and Lyme disease and also distinguish insulin resistance (associated with progression to Type 2 diabetes) from insulin sensitivity. Portable device also revealed reduced oxygen on airline flights is associated with fatigue.

I will be answering your questions at 1pm ET -- Ask Me Anything!

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @SnyderShot.

">PLOS Science Wednesday: Hi reddit, my name is Mike Snyder, and I recently published a PLOS Biology study showing wearable biosensors track useful physiological information for health, and can even distinguish insulin sensitivity from insulin resistance – Ask Me Anything!

No comments: