
Hi Reddit,
I'm Robert S. Young, the Director of the Program for the Study of Developed Shorelines, a joint Duke University/Western Carolina University venture and a Professor of Geosciences at Western Carolina University. In January, I wrote an opinion piece in the New York Times entitled "A Scientists’ March on Washington Is a Bad Idea"
I'm Dan Pomeroy, I currently manage MIT's International Policy Lab (IPL) where I help scientists and engineers better engage in public policy. I received my Ph.D. in physics from Brandeis University in 2012 studying high energy physics as part of the ATLAS experiment at CERN. I then served as a post-doctoral fellow, at the National Academy of Sciences and as a AAAS Science and Technology Policy fellow in the office of Senator Edward J. Markey. I have extensive experience in grassroots political organizing, running LGBT rights campaigns as well as field offices during the 2008 elections. (All of my opinions here are my own, I'm not speaking for MIT or the IPL.) I wrote an opinion piece entitled "Yes, Scientists Need to Fight Back"
We're here to discuss the March for Science scheduled for April 22nd in Washington DC and many cities all around the world.
We'll be back at 12 noon ET to answer your questions, ask us anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment