25 April, 2017

Science AMA Series: I'm Marie Bragg PhD, and I am the director of the SocioEconomic Evaluation of Dietary Decisions Program (SeedProgram) at New York University. Our research at SeedProgram looks at factors such as food marketing and policy in relation to obesity and health disparities. AMA!


See the source article by following the link below:

Hello Reddit! My name is Marie Bragg, and I am the director of the SeedProgram at NYU Langone Medical Center in the Department of Population Health. I received my PhD in Clinical Psychology from Yale University and I trained at the Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity From 2008 to 2014. I am an Assistant Professor in the Section on Health Choice, Policy and Evaluation in the Department of Population Health at the NYU Medical School, and also have a faculty appointment at the NYU College of Global Public Health. My research interests are centered around environmental and social factors associated with health disparities and obesity, and are focused in the topics of food policy, food marketing, and corporate behavior.

The SeedProgram is a research program set between NYU School of Medicine, and the College of Global Public Health. Our staff and interns work on research initiatives relating to the factors that play a role in exacerbating health disparities and obesity. Some of our current research initiatives include understanding the implications of racially targeted marketing by food and beverage companies on adolescents, corporate donations to academic institutions, and nutrition of sports advertisements. Last year, we published a study that showed the majority of food and beverage endorsements by popular music celebrities promoted unhealthy products, and it was well received by the reddit science community! (http://ift.tt/1t9dQTr).

I will begin answering questions at 2pm EST (11am PST). Ask Me Anything!

Check out the SeedProgram website for more information on our publications and our team! http://ift.tt/2qaiX4I

">Science AMA Series: I'm Marie Bragg PhD, and I am the director of the SocioEconomic Evaluation of Dietary Decisions Program (SeedProgram) at New York University. Our research at SeedProgram looks at factors such as food marketing and policy in relation to obesity and health disparities. AMA!

No comments: