28 August, 2017

Science AMA Series: I'm Paul Knoepfler, Professor at UC Davis. I do research with CRISPR on stem cells and brain tumors. CRISPR genetic modification of human embryos is making big news. Can we erase genetic diseases? Are designer babies or eugenics coming? I’d love to talk about stem cells too. AMA!


See the source article by following the link below:

I'm a stem cell and brain cancer researcher who works with CRISPR, closely follows these fields on a policy level, and reports on it all on my blog The Niche, http://www.ipscell.com. I also have written two books, including one on stem cells called Stem Cells: An Insider's Guide. and one on CRISPR use in humans called GMO Sapiens: The Life-Changing Science of Designer Babies. You might also like to follow me on Twitter: @pknoepfler or check out my TED talk.

What's on your mind about using CRISPR gene editing in humans following the big news stories on its use in human embryos? How much real hope is there for genetic diseases and what are the big risks? What questions do you have about stem cells? Have you gotten a stem cell treatment? Considering one? What is really possible with stem cells and regenerative medicine in terms of transforming our health and our lives? Anti-aging? Also, what questions do you have about brain cancer research such as what’s the deal with John McCain’s brain tumor?

I will be back at 1 pm Et (10 am PT) to answer your questions, ask my anything about CRISPR, stem cells, and brain cancer research!

">Science AMA Series: I'm Paul Knoepfler, Professor at UC Davis. I do research with CRISPR on stem cells and brain tumors. CRISPR genetic modification of human embryos is making big news. Can we erase genetic diseases? Are designer babies or eugenics coming? I’d love to talk about stem cells too. AMA!

No comments: