27 September, 2016

American Chemical Society AMA: I am Robin D. Rogers, Professor of Green Chemistry at McGill University. Ask me anything about sustainable chemistry and crystal engineering!


See the source article by following the link below:

Hello Reddit, I am Robin Rogers, the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Green Chemistry and Green Chemicals at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, and the Founding Editor-in-Chief of the American Chemical Society journal Crystal Growth & Design since its inception in 2000. My research centers on green and sustainable chemistry, specifically the use of ionic liquids in sustainable technologies. In 1998 I founded the Center for Green Manufacturing at The University of Alabama, my alma mater and where I taught for over 16 years. In addition to my refereed publications, I also hold over 70 patents and have established two companies to enhance commercial viability of new technologies based on ionic liquids.

My goal is to help usher in a “Green Industrial Revolution” to help advance sustainable chemistry practices. That is to help turn fundamental ideas into new technologies which society needs to become more sustainable. Today ask me anything on the relationship between crystal engineering and green/sustainable chemistry.

I’ll be online at 2pm ET to answer your questions. Go ahead, AMA! - RDR

">American Chemical Society AMA: I am Robin D. Rogers, Professor of Green Chemistry at McGill University. Ask me anything about sustainable chemistry and crystal engineering!

No comments: