27 February, 2017

Science AMA Series: I'm Dora Raymaker, an Assistant Research Professor at Portland State University, I conduct community-engaged research with the autistic and other disability communities. I am also autistic, and I am here today to talk about my research on autism and and employment. AMA!


See the source article by following the link below:

I recently received $467,000 from two federal grants to launch a community based participatory research study to understand the challenges and success factors for autistic people in the workplace. The study focuses on skilled or professional employment, rather than entry level positions. This study is personal for me. My path to career success included overcoming discrimination, multiple career shifts, and experiences with a disability services system often ill-equipped to provide support in skilled settings. My study will seek to understand what helps autistic people do well professionally, and develop a plan to improve professional outcomes.

I will be back at 7 pm ET to answer your questions, ask me anything!

">Science AMA Series: I'm Dora Raymaker, an Assistant Research Professor at Portland State University, I conduct community-engaged research with the autistic and other disability communities. I am also autistic, and I am here today to talk about my research on autism and and employment. AMA!

No comments: