07 June, 2017

PLOS Science Wednesday: Hi reddit, my name is Brian and I published a study in PLOS Biology showing birds in the tropics have greater genetic variation than those in more temperate habitats – Ask Me Anything!


See the source article by following the link below:

Hi Reddit,

My name is Brian Smith and I am an Assistant Curator of Birds at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. My research focuses on understanding the evolutionary relationships and origins of bird species.

My colleagues and I recently published a paper titled “[A latitudinal phylogeographic diversity gradient in birds] in PLOS Biology. In our study we found that tropical bird species have greater genetic variation than those occurring in temperate habitats. Our findings have important implications for understanding why tropical rainforests have so many species.

I will be answering your questions at 1pm ET. Send me your questions!

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @btilstonsmith.

">PLOS Science Wednesday: Hi reddit, my name is Brian and I published a study in PLOS Biology showing birds in the tropics have greater genetic variation than those in more temperate habitats – Ask Me Anything!

No comments: