11 July, 2017

ACS AMA: Hi Reddit! I am Danielle Buckley, a physical chemist and STEM education professional. Ask me anything about quantum dots or alternative career paths in science!


See the source article by following the link below:

ACS AMA

Hi Reddit! My name is Danielle Buckley and my graduate research was on quantum dots! I received my Ph.D. in physical chemistry in 2014 from the University of Colorado at Boulder (CU) and studied under Dr. David Jonas. My research focused on the carrier dynamics of lead chalcogenide quantum dots, and I spent a lot of time synthesizing and studying lead sulfide (PbS) and the potential to create more efficient photovoltaic devices. You can read a little more about the group's spectroscopic studies of quantum dots here: http://ift.tt/2u3PAXa

While in graduate school, I explored areas of interest outside of research, including teaching in higher education, acting as a co-director for the CU chapter of the Forum of Science, Ethics, & Policy (http://ift.tt/2sLbLOa), chairing the ACS Colorado Section Government Affairs Committee, and acting as a Science Mentor to middle schoolers through a non-profit called Earth Explorers. These extracurricular activities ultimately led me down an alternative career path in science and I now work at Macmillan Learning. I focus on Higher Education products that can improve student learning and engagement in the laboratory.

I'm happy to answer your questions about quantum dots, photovoltaics, or alternative career paths in science! I'll be back at 11am EDT (8am PDT, 3pm UTC) to start answering your questions.

">ACS AMA: Hi Reddit! I am Danielle Buckley, a physical chemist and STEM education professional. Ask me anything about quantum dots or alternative career paths in science!

No comments: