15 September, 2016

I'm Alberto Pepe, the guy challenging Elsevier. I'm Co-Founder of Authorea - a budding collaboration and publishing platform for academics to write, share and discuss research and scholarly articles for free and in real time. Ask Me Anything!


See the source article by following the link below:

Hello r/science! My name is Alberto Pepe; my co-founder, Dr. Nathan Jenkins and I created Authorea after we both grew disappointed by the slow, inefficient, and obsolete ways by which research papers are written and disseminated.

We believe:

  • in breaking the cycle of the individual in academia and squashing the collective obsession with academic rankings;
  • that open science and open scholarship will positively shape the future of academic publishing and increase the rate of scientific discovery;
  • in researchers retaining ownership of their work and all individuals having access to their work for free (even if experiment 'failed');
  • in the 'paper of the future'; whereby a static paper is no longer viewed as an acceptable form of submission, rather a digital-born format that allows the reader to access and interact with the most important elements of a researcher's work: the data and code.

I’ll be back at 1 pm EST (10 am PST, 6 pm UTC) to answer your questions, ask me anything!

">I'm Alberto Pepe, the guy challenging Elsevier. I'm Co-Founder of Authorea - a budding collaboration and publishing platform for academics to write, share and discuss research and scholarly articles for free and in real time. Ask Me Anything!

No comments: